Welcome to ShopSCETV!
Cart 0
Carolina Stories: The Baruchs of Hobcaw

Carolina Stories: The Baruchs of Hobcaw

DVD
$24.95

In 1718, 17,500 acres of pristine land in Georgetown County became a colonial land grant, or barony, from the King of England to one of the Lords Proprietors. The Native Americans called it "hobcaw," meaning between the waters. Purchased by Bernard Baruch in 1905, Hobcaw Barony eventually passed into the hands of Baruch’s daughter, Belle, who created a foundation to protect it from development. This special tells the story of the Baruchs and Hobcaw Barony, which is today home to USC’s Baruch Marine Field Laboratory and Clemson’s Belle W. Baruch Institute of Coastal Ecology and Forest Science. Catalog number: 431-000

Share this Product


More from this department